Created by Civilian 'Key Holder' Yolanthe Ibalin on Tue Mar 24, 2015 @ 7:22pm
Resistance is not futile. In fact we want you to think really carefully about this. Deep Space Five is a long established (7 years and counting) sim, and some players have been here for very long stretches in one form or another.
DS5 is an intensly active sim - we might not move forward in time quickly but we are nineteen players and average 40-60 posts per month, most of those JPs with multiple participants. The flow is easily disrupted if any player doesn't keep up.
We do insist on a minimum 2 x 200 words minimum posts per month but most of us are typically in the 6-8 per month region. We are also in the process of implementing a 'zero tolerance' policy on not posting (LOA/ELOAs excepted) as we really do want DS5 to be carried by all the players, not just the most active.
If you think you can meet that minimum then please send us an application, but before you press join consider this, the most settled and long term players all have the following qualities:
- Have a well developed character concept that has plenty of scope for conflict and failure before the final resolution of a plot.
- Read the writing guide for tips on how to achieve this, if you don't think you have one. Contact the command team if you have a concept and want some help to flesh it out)
- Are self motivated
- i.e. they initiate a JP. Don't sit around and wait for people to come to you. They won't - they're too busy making time for people who get off their arses
- You also have to be able to drive your own plots. The huge and diverse nature of a space station means its almost impossible to run a plot that features everyone all the time - it almost never happened on DS9. Especially true if you play a civilian or a not-technically-canon-in-the-24th-century-series' department such as Marines or Fighters.
- Are happy with half a dozen or more open JPs at any one time
- Can Create multiple NPCS and is just as happy being someone's NPC as being a main character.
- Can cope with slow time filled with lots and lots of posts, and not manage to have any of their characters in two different places at the same time
- Communicates - whether its by PM or at the bottom of posts
- Has time to commit.
So you can see, the successful writers here are pretty hardcore. If you think you're hardcore enough for us, then please hit that join button
Categories: Join Us